Maitre Kadas and Maitre Pelonis were on MG ‘live’ to talk about Estate Planning, specifically signing a will.
- What is a Last Will and Testament?
- Confidential document in which you express your last wishes
- Three types of wills:
- Holograph or handwritten will
- Will made in the presence of witnesses
- Notarial will
- What do I have to think about before my meeting with a Notary?
- Who will inherit and in what proportions?
- Who will settle my affairs? Liquidator (previously called executor)
- Appointment, Replacement, Powers, Remuneration
- Who will be the tutor/guardian of your minor children?
- Funeral pre-arrangements
- Consent or refusal to organ donation
- How often should I update my will?
- What happens if I die without a will?
- Heirs must be proven – Declaration of Heirship
- A liquidator must be appointed
- The civil code decides who inherits and in what proportions
Listen to the show right here: